Monday, November 10, 2008

being grateful


i just wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to my Lord for all the things that i have been given. i sat down and started crying for what it seemed an unknown reason tonight (pregnancy?) but i think i know what it is. i don’t know if i have always been the most grateful person, but i think it a great sin not to be. especially when i have been so blessed. these last few months have really been tough. being in the last stretch of my pregnancy, doing my student teaching, finishing portfolios for my masters, and other projects for student teaching along with the lesson plans, and all the while trying to still be there for my 2 year old and my husband; has been strenuous and busy to say the least. i kept wishing for it to pass quickly and for it to be over asap. however, i realize i need to take "joy in the journey" as Pres. Monson put it during our last general conference. i want to be grateful for this experience and its opportunities, for my family, and the blessings this life has had to offer me. still i can't wait to relax and enjoy a new baby girl and my family, but when i am finally done in 3 weeks i want to have savored every moment that i have been blessed with throughout this time. that is one thing that i have really learned to do lately; to be grateful for it all. don't waste a single moment, wishing for another time. we are experiencing what we are supposed to for a reason, though it may be wonderful or difficult. my heart goes out to all those friends i have experiencing difficult trials at this time. i want you to know i am praying for you, i do care, and i hope you know who you are. i am here for you.

love, jen

6 comments:

Destiny said...

Jen, Thank you for your sweet post! I have been having my share of stresses and trials lately and I thank you for this reminder and looking at things with the proper perspective.

Destiny said...

Jen, Thank you for your sweet post! I have been having my share of stresses and trials lately and I thank you for this reminder and looking at things with the proper perspective.

The Dorman Family said...

You are amazing! There is nothing wrong with feeling stressed, and overworked when you are, just as long as we remember to breath right? You are doing an increadible job of pushing through this time, and finding the joy in the fleeting seconds can be so hard. I cant believe you are alomst due! Blaize told me this morning that he was waiting for you to have a boy already:) Call you soon, Love ya, and give Carly kisses for me. I havent seen her in forever and I miss her. Tyra

mrs. farlanderz said...

thanks for the sweet post. we can't wait to see pics of little cierra!

Emily said...

Hey Jen! It was fun to hear from you! I love your perspective in this blog. I too sometimes think that my life will be good when "X" happens (Kam graduates, we move, we have kids, etc.) and I forget to remember to be happy now. This past general conference helped me to start changing this. Good luck with Cierra (I love the name!).

--Oh yeah, since you asked, my husband is graduating in occupational therapy.

Dramatic Imaging said...

That was beautiful. I did not see it on there before. Thanks Jen. I agree with it all. Love you. I think I will call you right now.